Development Manager/Grant Writer Job Description:
Hailed as a group with imagination, style, and chops, the Worcester Chamber Music Society took the Worcester scene by storm with its first concert in 2006. It has become a recognized cultural presence within the Greater Worcester area by performing sold-out concerts to captivated audiences, receiving consistent critical acclaim, building new young audiences, and training rising musicians through both its Neighborhood Strings and ChamberFest music camp programs. WCMS brings world-class chamber music to intimate Greater Worcester venues. WCMS nurtures the community through a unique combination of affordable concerts, education and community engagement.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented individual to serve as Development Manager/Grant Writer. The Development Manager/Grant Writer will report to the Executive Director and is responsible for writing all grants and reports, assisting in creating fundraising campaigns, annual reports and managing the grants calendar. The position is part-time (maximum 20 hrs per week) and requires a flexible work schedule.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write, prepare, and submit grant proposals and reports
- Research new grant opportunities
- Maintain organized grant files and calendars
- Assist in the development and execution of internal fundraising campaigns
- Ensure timely and professional donor and member acknowledgments
- Assist with cultivation and fundraising events
- Administrative support
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in English, Communications, Arts Management, or a similar discipline
- Minimum of 3-5 years professional grant writing experience with a proven track record of success
- Strong written and communication skills
- Highly organized, self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Positive attitude, ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, excellent computer skills
- Knowledge and working experience with Patron Manager, Salesforce, or other CRM systems
- Knowledge of basic grant writing and fundraising best-practices and strategies
- Ability to read and understand financial statements and budgets
Commiserate with experience
How To Apply:
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to Worcester Chamber Music Society, 323 Main Street | Mechanics Hall, Worcester MA, 01608.
September 30, 2018
The Worcester Chamber Music Society is an equal opportunity employer